Reuse the entertainment product or service from week one that you thought of for Project 1. •
Think of three distinct audience personas for the target customers you described in the Project 1 assignment who will likely search for your product. Remember to include target group details such as demographic, geographic, psychographic, benefits sought, and patterns of use. For example, “Jane is a woman in her early twenties, single, who shares an apartment in Los Angeles. Fiercely independent, her busy lifestyle includes a full-time job and night school. Jane is always looking for time-saving solutions Think of a focused list of keyword phrases that your target customers are likely to use when searching for your product. Your list must include a minimum of three short-tail keywords and three long-tail keywords. Reference the audience personas you’ve created as an insight to the personality and potential behaviors of your customers. Create: Prepare an audio Keynote or PowerPoint Presentation or a Word document. Be sure your presentation addresses each of the following elements: 1. List and describe the three distinct audience personas you created for the target customers you described in the Project 1 assignment who will likely search for your product.
2. Create a list of keyword phrases that your target audience will probably use when conducting an online search for your product. Your list must include a minimum of three short-tail keywords and three longtail keywords. Reference the audience personas you’ve created as an insight to the personality and potential behaviors of your customers. Avoid single word terms that are broad such as “film,” “music,” “TV,” and “entertainment” as these are too generic to drive traffic to your website. Explain why you’ve chosen each one.
3. Test each of the keyword phrases (a minimum of six) by entering them into the Google search bar. Capture a screen grab for each results page. List the top two organic (not ads) search results for each keyword phrase. Answer the following questions: Which, if any, of your keywords is included in the URL results? If applicable, how are your keyword phrases included in the website’s title tag? Are any results direct competitors to your fictitious entertainment product? How will the overall results impact your SEO strategy?
4. Create a fictitious URL for your entertainment product or service website. You may not use an existing URL, so check by entering your fictitious URL into the search field at https://instantdomainsearch.
com. Consider the keyword research you’ve completed thus far as a determining factor. What URL did you create?
5. Create the title tag for the home page of your website and explain why you chose it. Remember, title tags are critical for SEO and should be written to reflect an accurate description of a web page’s content. According to moz.com, the ideal length is 50-60 characters and the closer to the start of the title tag a keyword is, the more helpful it will be for ranking. 6. Write one thoughtful paragraph describing the role SEO plays on influencing organic search rankings. Include references to the tools, methods, and traditional marketing principles that should be utilized when developing an SEO strategy. Explain what optimization factors influence SEO metrics including keywords, rankings, and conversions.
7. Write one thoughtful paragraph of original content relevant to your product that you will use on your website to generate external inbound links. Outstanding content is the most important factor in effective SEO. Write clearly, grab the reader’s attention, and use a conversational style as if you’re talking to an individual.
8. Write one thoughtful paragraph describing the interaction of your SEO strategy and at least one other digital marketing channel such as social media, blogging, pay-per-click (PPC), mobile, or email. How do the target audience, consumer behavior, and campaign goals help to determine the digital marketing channels you will use? How do SEO and the digital marketing channel you’ve selected support each other in driving traffic and generating conversions? What are the pros and cons of SEO compared to the channel selected?
9. Write one thoughtful paragraph explaining how a company’s website is the central hub of a successful digital marketing strategy. Cite resources using APA format both in-text and in a separate reference page. Incorporate the concepts and terminology learned from this week's readings into the paper, demonstrating how the keywords you chose reflect the concepts learned about in the Read and View activities.